Applications for the 2017 Augusta's Entrepreneur award, presented by South State Bank, are now being accepted. The Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce "Augusta's Entrepreneur" award recognizes an entrepreneur who has distinguished themselves not only by their success in business, but also by their creativity, innovative spirit and community involvement.
Entrepreneurs must meet the following requirements to be eligible:
- Owner, partner or major shareholder of the business, and active in its day-to-day operations
- The business must be a member of the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce at the time the award is presented
- The business must be financially stable and operational for a minimum of 12 months
Eligible applicants will be judged on the following:
- Use of unique and innovative business development practices/models
- Business growth and performance
- Community image, impact, involvement and contribution
- Operational excellence
The 2017 Augusta’s Entrepreneur will be recognized on December 7 at the Chamber’s Member Economic Luncheon. The luncheon will feature guest speaker Russ Krueger, a recipient of USA Today's Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year® award. Russ is the founder/leader of Ocozzio, a national brand and marketing solutions company. Ocozzio is headquartered in Augusta, Georgia, and has clients located in over 35 states.
Visit augustametrochamber.com/events/browse-other-programs to fill out an online application. Deadline to apply is October 27, 2017. Applications are also available for download on the Chamber’s website. Completed applications must be received via mail, fax or email by Friday, October 27 to be eligible.
Submit applications to:
Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce
Attn: Sabrina Balthrop
P. O. Box 1837
Augusta, GA 30903
Phone: (706) 821-1300 Fax: (706) 821-1330