The Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce, along with Doctors Hospital of Augusta, will host the April Third Thursday Business Builder. The topic of discussion will be Workplace Safety Management; emergency preparedness and other safety related issues affecting the 2017 workplace. The event will be held at the Chamber office on Thursday, April 20 at 11:30 am and lunch is provided.
Greg Brooks, NRP, EMS Coordinator of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, will speak on the importance of having an emergency plan in place for your company, knowing how to perform CPR and having vital life-saving equipment easily accessible. Learn more about these topics and more, as Greg answers questions such as:
- Is there an Alarm to notify your employees or co-workers of an emergency?
- Where do you go when the building has to be evacuated?
- What do I do if an Active Shooter comes into my building and injuries people?
- My co-worker collapsed and is not breathing, what do I do?
- What is an AED, and how do I operate it and when?
Attendance is complimentary for Chamber members and $15 for prospective members. Advanced registration is required at AugustaMetroChamber.com or by calling 706.821.1300. Deadline to register is Monday, April 17. Due to limited space, please limit to one (1) representative from each company.