Best in Business
Augusta's Entrepreneur, Corporation of the Year, Small and Large Manufacturer of the Year
The Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce, with the Augusta Economic Development Authority, are pleased to recognize the "Best In Business." Each year in the CSRA, small business owners, and corporate and manufacturing companies are excelling in business while giving back to the community they call home. The annual Augusta's Entrepreneur, Corporation of the Year, Small Manufacturer of the Year, and Large Manufacturer of the Year awards honor the individuals and companies who have distinguished themselves in business and commitment to the Augusta Region community.
Honorees will be recognized at the December Augusta Metro Chamber Member Economic Luncheon.
Augusta's Entrepreneur - presented by South State Bank
This award recognizes an entrepreneur who has distinguished themselves not only by their success in business, but also their creativity, innovative spirit and community involvement.
In addition to being announced at the December Member Economic Luncheon, the honoree will be recognized in The Augusta Chronicle and receives a complimentary entry in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Dream Big Small Business Award.
To be eligible for the Augusta’s Entrepreneur award, the applying entrepreneur must meet requirements as follows:
- Owner, partner or major shareholder of the business, and active in its day-to-day operations.
- The business must be a member of the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce at the time the award is presented.
- The business must be financially stable and operational for a minimum of 12 months.
Augusta's Entrepreneur award is presented by:
Corporation of the Year
The Corporation of the Year award recognizes a company who has distinguished themselves with outstanding commitment to business development, market expansion and community development in the CSRA.
To be eligible for the Corporation of the Year award, the applying company must meet requirements as follows:
- The company must be a for-profit entity
- The company must have a local office with 200+ employees working in the Greater Augusta Region
Eligible applications will be judged on the following:
- Business growth and performance
- Community service, involvement and contribution
- Investment to promote business development and quality of life in the CSRA
Manufacturer of the Year: Small and Large - presented by Georgia Power
These awards will be presented to recognize an outstanding manufacturing company (Small: 100-299 employees, Large: 300+ employees) that has used technology to remain competitive and grow. Information in the applications may be used by the judges, Augusta Economic Development Authority and Augusta Metro Chamber for press releases about the nominees and the winner. Any confidential information will not be used.
Manufacturer of the Year: Small and Large awards are presented by:
The application and judging processes are designed to capture the personal insights, ideas, experiences, and achievements responsible for the success of each individual entrant. The winner will be selected by an independent panel of judges from industry, government, education, and the business media based on the five criteria (sponsoring organizations do not judge the applications).
- Innovation/Manufacturing Process
- State/Local Resources
- Operational and Workplace Safety
- Leadership/Workforce Development
- Community Support, Stewardship, and Involvement
All Applications must be RECEIVED by Friday, November 15, 2019 to be eligible.