The Chamber will be hosting two sessions in partnership with the City of Augusta and SP+ Consulting to provide an opportunity for education and outreach on a proposed parking management plan in the downtown area.
You are cordially invited to participate in either of these sessions:
SESSION 1: 15 Oct, 11:30 AM -1 PM
Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce (One 10th Street Augusta Riverfront Center)
SESSION 2: 15 Oct, 6-7 PM
Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce
To participate in either session, please register and indicate which session you will attend.
The City of Augusta and SP+ will conduct Stakeholder Engagement meeting sessions to share the initial paid parking operating plan, introduce technology, answer questions, and gain feedback. Information accumulated through these initial stakeholder outreach sessions will provide input to solidify final operation recommendations to be presented to the Augusta / Richmond County Commission. Additionally, initial stakeholder engagement sessions will provide a strong foundation for the creation of a long-term Strategic Communications Plan. The Strategic Communications Plan will blend traditional and innovative communication tools and community partnerships to keep the general public and key user groups informed.
Parking Program Objectives
- Promote parking as integral to downtown revitalization
- Coordinate parking to enhance retention and expansion of businesses
- Coordinate parking with transit and traffic circulation.
- Promote higher turnover of on-street parking
- Shorten parking durations for some on-street public parking spaces
- Establish and maintain enforcement
- Encourage greater use of off-street parking lots
- Make off-street spaces more attractive and easier to locate by signage
- Encouraging consolidation of small private lots for more efficient utilization
We look forward to our members sharing their views on this important step for downtown.