Community Leaders to Meet with Governor on ‘Greater Augusta Day’
On Tuesday, February 5, Greater Augusta Day will bring 40 public and private sector leaders to Atlanta to build knowledge, awareness and relationships for the betterment of our region, and to advocate on behalf of our community. The trip is a collaborative effort of the Augusta Metro, Burke County and Columbia County Chambers of Commerce.
This annual trip, held during the session of the Georgia General Assembly, is a regional initiative aimed at advocating for legislative issues that are important to the Greater Augusta Region. Participants also use the opportunity to strategically highlight the existing economic strengths of our region for future business and commerce.
Highlights of the day’s itinerary include:
- Lunch with keynote speaker Governor Brian Kemp
- Meetings with Speaker of the House David Ralston and Lt. Governor Geoff Duncan
- Panel discussions focusing on Workforce Development and Transportation
- Presentation on Policy for the Growth of Georgia’s Tech Corridors with Savannah EDA
- Legislative dialogue with Greater Augusta Delegation