The Augusta Metro Chamber offers members an opportunity to serve through volunteer committees. The selection of volunteers to serve on committees varies through board recommendation, application, or election.
Board and Committees by Election
- Board of Directors - The Augusta Metro Chamber is governed by a Board of Directors that provide oversight of the operational activities of the organization, including policy, approval, and guidance to ensure that the interests of the members are served by the programs of the organization. View Board of Directors
- Audit Finance Committee - The Audit Finance Committee develops and reviews fiscal procedures and provides in-depth oversight of the annual budget and actual financial results. This committee reviews investment policies and monitors funds of the organization on a regular basis.
Committees by Recommendation
- Advocacy Committee - The Advocacy Committee is charged with understanding and analyzing legislative issues which impact members of the Chamber. The Committee makes recommendations of policy positions to the Board of Directors for their deliberation. View Committee Members
- Red Carpet/Augusta Showcase - In partnership with the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Georgia Allies, local development authorities and many private sector partners, the Augusta Metro Chamber hosts the Red Carpet Tour and Augusta Showcase each year during the Masters® Golf Tournament. The committee is responsible for the annual development and execution of this week-long hospitality extraordinaire. View Committee Members
- Business Education Advisory Council (BEAC) - The Business Education Advisory Council pinpoints ways in which the business community can support the Richmond County School District in three key goal areas including higher graduation rates, academic achievement, and local workforce development. View Committee Members
- Cyber & Technology Committee - A program of the Augusta Metro and Columbia County Chambers, this committee has three goals of studying other cyber communities, studying the roles of incubators and accelerators as a means of growing technology companies, and studying the career paths and destinations of technology workers. View Committee Members >>
Committees by Application
- Ambassadors - Members of the Ambassador Committee serve as mentors to new members of the chamber and work to promote existing members through their attendance of ribbon cuttings and other chamber events. Ambassadors strive to be the best and the brightest in terms of promoting the chamber and how it impacts the community. View Committee Members >>
Chick-fil-A is the proud sponsor of the Ambassador’s program.
- Annual Golf Classic - Each year, nearly 300 golfers descend on beautiful Gordon Lakes Golf Course for a day of fellowship, golf and networking. This committee leads the effort by planning and executing a day of great fun including food, prizes, and auctions. View Committee Members >>
- Women in Business - The mission of Women in Business is to strengthen the business community by providing programs and services that enhance the professional and personal goals of women. This committee develops programming for 12 events throughout the year including monthly luncheons and the annual Women in Business Signature Event. View Committee Members >>